Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Mumbo Jumbo

This past weekend: Mumbo Jumbo, Tufts' 3rd Annual Mock Trial Competition.

Tufts A (not my team) placed 1st (w00t!) - Tufts B (my team) didn't place. Ah well.

It was fun stuff, and I gave a pretty sick closing argument by 2nd trial. Made some mistakes by 4th trial, though. Like using the completely wrong piece of evidence during an examination - and no one noticed! Opposing council approved it, the witness played along with what it was supposed to say (props to Dustin!) - and I casually swapped it at our table before bringing it to the judge. Whew.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Update (11/17/10): It's my own blog, I can brag a bit, yeah? This just in: during the course of the four trials (two judges each), there were eight opportunities to be ranked. The "best" attorneys (of the six in the room) and the "best" witnesses (of the six in the room) were awarded 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th places, or no ranking (5th or 6th place). Of these eight opportunities to rank, I got the following:

Witness: 1st, 2nd, 4th, (no rank)
Attorney: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 4th

It's not gonna win me any trophies, but being the best witness in the room (at least once) and a consistently awesome attorney (shout-out to Anisha, my teammate and captain who frequently clinched 1st), is pretty cool.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Anyhow, glad that's over with - it ate the whole weekend. Oh, wait - there's another one next weekend! Turns out, Pretzel Night opens next Monday - so, let's see...hell week squared?

"This is going to be great..." - Pat (me), "Pretzel Night"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Add to the conversation!